Wednesday, November 17, 2010

127 Hours - based on a true story!

It's not often I find myself truly excited to buy a ticket to a newly-released movie at the cinemas. Sadly I'm one of those people who often wait for the movie to be released on DVD before I make an effort to see it. I even did it with Avatar, one of the highest-rated movies possibly of all-time. So this post marks some kind of a rarity, a special event on my calendar.

I remember hearing the story about Aron Ralston and the climbing accident that truly changed his life forever. If you don't know the story, I won't spoil it for you here. Simply put, he gets stuck between a rock and a hard place (this movie and story really shouldn't be joked about, but I had to slip it in). The subsequent 127 hours throw a number of different challenges Aron's way. It's best if I just leave the rest of the explanation to the trailer attached. Please though, be sure you make an effort to see this movie in the coming months - I have no doubts it will blow you away!


No comments:

Post a Comment